Foods that help bowel movements.
What to eat if you suffer from constipation…
Please note that this list is directed to people with IBS-c.
IBS- d sufferers should be cautious when eating foods from the list.
List of foods that help bowel movements:
– fresh cucumber
– yogurts (lactose free for IBS and colitis sufferers)
– bananas (in small quantities)
– popcorn (in small quantities)
Perfectly, made at home, in popcorn machine, without salt, butter & sugar.
– chia seeds
– brown rice
– spinach (small quantities)
– nuts (for ibs sufferers & people on low fodmap diet: cut out cashews and pistachios; limit hazelnuts & almonds intake to ten)
– high fiber low fodmap cereal – with no added inulin and dried fruits
– whole wheat gluten-free products
– castor oil (use as directed on the bottle)
– peeled tomatoes
– fresh herbs
– dill tea
Constipation – what helps? Tips and tricks.
Ways to relieve constipation and IBS-c symptoms:
– regularly eating soluble fiber foods (blueberries, oat bran)
will help to keep your stool soft, and therefore, easier to pass.
– running and yoga
– drinking lots of herbal teas
(Best teas to drink for IBS).
– eating smaller portions
– limit or cut out fast foods
– limit or cut out fructose intake
(Low FODmap sugar substitutes and ultimate Low FODmap sugar guide).
IBS general info: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
If you like this post, please: share and subscribe 🙂
Disclaimer: This post contains amazon and viglink affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something through the links provided.
PIN ME 🙂
Photos: my own, Pexels